Geberit polypropylene pipes for drainage systems are mounted using several processes:
Butt welding is the simplest method of installing Geberit pipes, and this method of connection does not require the use of additional components.
The Geberit pipes with diameters from 90 mm are welded with using Geberit Universal or Media welding machines. The Geberit pipes with diameter up to 75 mm can be welded by hand.
The table below shows the approximate parameters for the welding of the Geberit Silent-db20 and HDPE pipes.
|Pipe||Welding allowance per weld seam||Heating up time||Time until full pressure buildup||Welding and cooling time||Welding pressure|
|Silent-db20||HDPE||Silent-db20||HDPE||Silent-db20 + HDPE||Silent-db20 + HDPE||Silent-db20 + HDPE|
For reliable welding of Geberit pipes you should observe the following:
1. The Geberit pipe is cut to the required length - the pipe is cut at right angles to the pipe axis, then the ends should be cleaned.
2. The ends of the pipes are pressed lightly on the plate and heated.
3. When heated, the ends of the pipes are held in such a way that they warm up evenly.
4. After welding beads form, the ends are pushed together.
5. The welding pressure rises to the recommended value.
6. Examine the butt welding.
Important! Cooling the joint can not be accelerated by cold objects or water.
1. In the welding machine the ends of pipes or fittings are clamped - the Geberit pipes are cut to the right size at right angles and deburred.
2. Then you need to tear off the ends.
3. The ends of the pipes are slightly pressed on the plate and held so that they are evenly heated.
4. The welding plate is removed and then immediately push the pipe ends together.
5. After that, smoothly increase the welding pressure to the reference value.
6. After cooling of the joint, the pipe assembly is released.
7. Examine the butt welding.
For creating an electrofusion sleeve coupling welding joint you will need:
Electrofusion welding is carried out under the following conditions:
According to the rules, electrofusion welding is performed only 1 time.
1. The Geberit pipes are cut to the required size, the outer surface is thoroughly cleaned.
2. A section of the Geberit pipe or fitting which will be inserted into the electrofusion sleeve coupling is cleaned with a blade or scraper.
3. The depth of the insert is 3 cm.
4. The Geberite pipe or fitting is inserted into the electrofusion sleeve coupling, the depth of the insert is checked so that the axes of the welded ends are not coaxial.
5. The electrofusion welding machine is connected to the mains, after which the wire is connected to the electrofusion sleeve coupling or electrofusion tape, and it can be connected only after the coupling is installed on the pipe / fitting.
6. When everything is ready, you should press the start button - the welding will be completed in about 80 seconds, as indicated by the moving yellow indicator.
Important! When welding and cooling the connection point, you should not touch the pipeline or the electrofusion sleeve coupling.
Important! One electrofusion coupling with integrated thermal fuse welding joint can only be used for welding once.
The electrofusion coupling with integrated thermal fuse welding joint is used with a different extension wire than using with conventional Geberit electrofusion coupling and electrofusion tapes, so before starting work you must ensure that the correct wire is connected.
1. The pressure rings are put on the pipes - when the welding is completed the rings are removed, but not earlier than 15 minutes after the end of the work.
2. Pipes are cut to the required length, and then they are cleaned thoroughly.
3. The surface of the pipe or fitting that will be inserted into the electrofusion coupling is cleaned with Geberit scraper, only the uppermost oxide layer is removed.
4. All burrs are removed, the chamfer is removed from the ends of the pipes.
5. The depth of the insert is 7.5 cm.
6. Pipes / fittings are inserted into the electrofusion coupling with integrated thermal fuse welding joint, after which it is necessary to check the depth of the insert, while the axes of the welded ends must not coincide.
7. The electrofusion welding machine is connected to the network, at the same time the connecting wire is connected to the electrofusion coupling.
8. The start button is pressed - after start of work the button "welding" should be lighted. As soon as the signal button goes out, the welding process will be completed (approximately 7 minutes).
9. After 15 minutes after the welding is completed, the insulating film is removed.
+7 (495) 902-68-99