Geberit Mapress press systems have been gaining popularity recently, and they are often compared to traditional pipe connections such as welding and soldering. The Geberit Mapress press system guarantees a tight and reliable connection of pipes and fittings - the mechanical strength of the connection is ensured by the deformation of the pipes and the Geberit press fitting, and the tightness is due to compression of the rubber seal.
The main advantages of the Geberit Mapress press system:
Geberit Mapress is a pipeline system made of stainless steel, which, unlike conventional steel, is not susceptible to corrosion, does not pass oxygen, withstand high temperatures and pressures, and has low coefficient of linear expansion.
To install the Geberit Mapress press system, several tools are required:
Before starting the installation of the Geberit Mapress press system, the pipes and press fittings should be properly prepared.
1. First, Geberit pipes and fittings are checked for damage, dents, furrows and cleanliness.
2. The pipe is cut to the desired size, it is important to note that the Geberit press fittings having the maximum permissible shrinkage value k can not be cut by an amount greater than this value.
3. The pipe end is treated with a deburrer - burr removed both from the inside and from the outside of the pipe as a result, the pipe end must be smooth and almost "rounded".
4. Using a calibration template and a marker you should mark the place where the edge of the fitting should be. Press fittings do not require pre-treatment and are completely ready for installation.
5. Geberit press fittings are equipped with a special plug that protects them from damage and contamination - this plug should be removed before beginning installation, and you should visually check the sealing ring of the fitting.
6. Then the Geberit press fittings are put on the pipe until it reaches the mark - if properly installed, the mark should be visible.
1. First, make sure that the pressing jaws with desired diameter are installed in the press tool.
2. The press tool is mounted on the joint so that the lip of the fitting with the seal ring inside gets into the recess inside the crimping jaws - thanks to the special shape of the jaws they can be brought to the junction from above, below or from the side.
3. The pressing process is performed without the efforts of installer - just press the button and then the tool will perform the necessary actions independently. The tool presses the jaws forcefully, deforming the fitting and the pipe. For a high-quality pressing, the jaws should completely close. Deformation of the pipe and press fitting Geberit makes the connection non-removable, moreover, the O-ring also deforms during pressing process, ensuring reliable sealing.
4. After pressing, the external plastic pressing indicator is removed - it is damaged during the work, so that it can be easily removed.
Modern press systems are equipped with a system of protection against uncompressed connections, and Geberit Mapress is not an exception - water leaks from unopressed fittings.
+7 (495) 902-68-99