The Geberit Pluvia roof drainage system is based on the gravitational-vacuum principle. Geberit roof outlets have a special design, so that the pipes quickly fill with water and the pipeline does not form air pockets.
Geberit Pluvia roof drainage system has several advantages in comparison with traditional roof drainage systems:
The principle of operation of the Geberit Pluvia drainage system:
The roof outlets and pipeline are mounted using a specially designed fastening system. The fastening system was developed for the horizontal sections of the Geberit Pluvia pipeline - forces, which are caused by temperature changes in the pipeline, are transferred to the anchor supports and to steel square pipes, so that the mechanical loads are compensated.
The use of this fastening system gives the following advantages:
Example of installation is shown in the image below:
RA - distances on which sliding supports must be installed:
The length of support profile is 5 m, and it is mounted along the entire length of the pipeline.
Example of installation the roof drainage system to the concrete floor:
Anchor supports are mounted:
On T-pieces you should mount two anchor supports - one for each direction of flow. The anchor supports can be mounted using electrically welded couplings, electrically welded belts or double flanged bushings.
|With compensation for thermal expansion||Without compensation|
The distance between the sliding supports is indicated in the table:
The specialists of the Geberit Company during the period of their activity collect the most common errors of Geberit Pluvia roof drainage system installation.
1. Wrong selection of items. For example, often installers choose roof outlets which are not suitable for particular type of roof. Also, they change the design of the drainage system sometimes, and often such interference is caused by the fact that initially all the features of the project were not taken into account. Some installers in such cases try to find solutions to the problems that arise directly on the construction site, for example, by installing non-standard components on the Geberit outlets.
2. Choosing the wrong fasteners - some installers choose fasteners not taking into account the features of the building structure. For example, if there is no necessary fixed supports, then the vibration of the pipes may begin, and if when vertical installation compensating couplings are not used, the pipeline generates increased forces due to temperature changes, so that it needs to be compensated by installing pipe couplings on threaded rods with large size (not less than 1/2ʺ). The force in places with such fastening is increased, and not all building constructions can withstand it.
3. Some installers combine Geberit roof outlets in the roof areas with large difference in altitude - more than 4 m. It is done for abatement of Geberit roof outlets price. However, such a solution can lead to a spill of water through the Geberit roof outlets which are located in the lower parts of the roof.
4. Mounting the system on roof area above 5000 m2 - this error is usually made when you want to simplify the system.
5. Mistakenly defined calculation of rainwater consumption. The reason for this error can be a lot, for example, inaccuracy in calculating the catchment area on complex roofs. Such errors can lead to unstable operation of the entire system as a whole and even the flooding of the roof.
6. Incorrect installation. Any errors during installation become critical. Thus, incorrect installation of Geberit roof outlets, defects of welded joints, errors in sealing etc, can destabilize the drainage system.
For avoiding these and other errors when installing the Geberit Pluvia system you should carefully follow all the manufacturer's recommendations when installing the pipeline.