Geberit air admittance valves are mounted for protection the premises from the unpleasant odors of the sewage system. This type of valve can not be used as ventilation.
Examples of installing the Geberit valve are shown below.
Geberit air admittance valve is mounted at the washbasin:
Geberit air admittance valve is mounted at the toilet:
Geberit air admittance valve is mounted at the shower tray:
Geberit air admittance valve is mounted under the roof:
When installing you must follow several rules:
- The air admittance valve is mounted on vertical sections of the pipeline with length at least 10 cm;
- The air admittance valve is mounted above the upper edge of the plumbing fixture, also it can be mounted at distance no more than 100 cm below the upper edge.
Instructions for installing the air admittance valve:
- Some the air admittance valves can be installed only upright, so you should to clarify this issue before starting work;
- Do not close the holes, it is important to keep them clean;
- You should make sure that the valve is freely accessible for subsequent maintenance;
- If the Geberit air admittance valve is installed in a wall, you should make sure that fresh air flows freely into it.